At DEGIRO we’re looking for a Product Owner Reporting & Reconciliation to join our team.
In 2013, DEGIRO launched its online brokerage services in The Netherlands. Since then, DEGIRO has expanded across 18 European countries enabling retail investors to benefit from a highly competitive commission structure. As a result, DEGIRO has quickly become one of the largest brokers in Europe.
We provide an award-winning online platform for all types of investors and offer our customers the opportunity to invest globally at unprecedented low rates.
Our success is our strong community of top professionals: we have grown from 40 energetic early birds to over 350 highly devoted specialists in just a few years! We proudly occupy landmark buildings in Amsterdam and Sofia.
About the role
We are currently looking for a colleague to join the Reporting & Reconciliation team, as a product owner. You will be part of an agile squad, and fall under the Change department.
In your role as product owner, your main aims are to develop a ‘product’ vision for the domain and translate this vision into prioritized backlog for your agile team, whereby the relevant business needs are considered. And in addition you will prioritize and bring structure to achieve the set goals together with your team. You are the owner of the applications developed by your team.
Team (domain) focus
Within the DEGIRO solutions tribe, the Reporting and Reconciliation domain encompasses IT solutions for back office operations related activities for reconciliation and external reporting (client and regulatory).
- Align with business stakeholders on requirements and translate them into a prioritized backlog;
- Assess the value and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on items with maximum value and is aligned with the business strategy and the relevant stakeholders;
- Communicate clearly your product vision to your agile team, business stakeholders, other Product Owners, and other stakeholders within DEGIRO;
- Bring structure to achieve the set goals together with your team;
- Take ownership for the change and for running/maintaining the environment once you developed the solution;
- Prioritize, realize and report effectively on results, deviations and solutions to stakeholders and the change team.
- Academic background Bachelor’s and/or Master’s;
- Min. 2-3 years of relevant working experience;
- A track record of proven success in past positions;
- Experience with a start-up and/or scale-up is a preference;
- Experience in the financial markets industry is a preference;
- Experience with project management tooling such as Confluence, JIRA;
- Experience in an Agile working environment;
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- Great understanding of the business need of your domain, as well as an instinct for direction. Where can we add value? What products/features should we build next?
- Customer oriented and passionate about crafting a positive user experience
- Strategic thinker with a natural ability to see product opportunities
- Great listener with ability to go in depth into underlying problem in order to find the compelling value for the stakeholders.
- Flexible problem-solver, with strong resilience and ability to bring clarity to complex situations
- Never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Humble leader with great communication skills to bridge the information flow between business and IT.
- Passionate about different initiatives, energized by forming and driving great ideas to market.
- But especially, we greatly value inclusiveness!
- You create and foster a work environment where individuals with different ideas, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities feel valued, utilized, and welcomed.
- You instill trust, high integrity, and strength, leading by example and communicating openly, without placing the blame on others.
- You build strong relationships within the organization and a keen sense of how to navigate both internal and external hurdles.
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Possibility to earn a performance-based bonus;
- A friendly dynamic working environment, challenging job within a fast forward moving company and the opportunity to work with the best in the industry;
- Personal development focus and support;
- Extensive education and training opportunities;
- MultiSport card for access to many different sport facilities;
- 25 paid leave days;
- A Premium Additional Healthcare package;
- Fresh fruit in the office every day;
- An excellent office location; iconic and modern work environment (Millennium Center in downtown Sofia);
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Product Owner Reporting & Reconciliation?
Then we‘d love to hear about you!