Want to work in a challenging environment which is constantly changing? Join DEGIRO and be part of a team that is changing the landscape of online trading!
In 2013, DEGIRO launched its online brokerage services in The Netherlands. Since then, DEGIRO has expanded across 18 European countries enabling retail investors to benefit from a highly competitive commission structure. As a result, DEGIRO has quickly become one of the largest brokers in Europe.
We provide an award-winning online platform for all types of investors and offer our customers the opportunity to invest globally at unprecedented low rates.
Our success is our strong community of top professionals: we have grown from 40 energetic early birds to over 340 highly devoted specialists in just a few years! We proudly occupy landmark buildings in Amsterdam and Sofia.
Due to our growth our NIDS department (Network, Infrastructure, Database and Security) is looking for a Security Engineer!
The focus of our Security Engineer is to safeguard DEGIRO network, system and data through planning and carrying out security measures to monitor and protect DEGIRO production platform from infiltration and cyber-attacks. The accountability of this role is end-to-end throughout the delivery process. Starting by defining and evaluating necessary security measures for new products and services, validating measures during test phases and monitoring measures for the duration of the service/product lifetime. The success measures of this role will be measured through the level of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of the DEGIRO products and services from security perspective.
- Provide input to information security policy and plan;
- Define cyber security standards and best practices;
- Instruct Cyber Security Awareness programs;
- Implement proactive measures;
- Test vulnerabilities;
- Monitor for security breaches;
- Investigate security breaches and troubleshoot network problems;
- Change & Release management;
- Secure working environment and production platform;
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification;
- Cyber Security qualification such as CEH, CHFI, CCSP, GSEC / GCIH / GCIA: GIAC Security and/or CISSP Certifications preferred;
- Good understanding of OSI network model;
- Hands-on experience with OS Linux, Windows and MacOS;
- Extensive IP network troubleshooting skills including active working knowledge of different tools such as tcpdump/wireshark;
- Good understanding of network protocols/technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, RDP, FTP, SMB, DNS, VPN;
- Knowledge of Loadbalancers and Cryptography;
- Familiarity with network/infrastructure monitoring systems (Zabbix, Nagios, Prometheus);
- Understanding of processes tracing and debuggers (gdb, strace, ptrace, dtrace, windbg)
- Good coding/scripting experience at least in two of Bash, Powershell, Python, Perl, Ruby, Java, C / C++;
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and web services security frameworks e.g. OWASP;
- Understanding of security frameworks and guidelines such as ISO27001 (preferred), NIST or equivalent;
- Understanding of data security regulations such as GDPR;
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on work experience with incident detection, incident response, forensics and information security processes such as design review, threat modeling, risk analysis or software testing;
- Current knowledge and constant up-to-date awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of the Dutch Financial Industry security regulations (DNB good practice);
- Experience collaborating with Auditors;
- Experience with Office 365 Security;
- Experience working with or working as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE).
Furthermore you have
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications;
- Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management;
- Ability to read and use the results of mobile code, malicious code, and anti-virus software;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding systematic problem-solving skills;
- A deep sense of ownership and urgency.
What we offer
You’ll be part of a fast forward moving company in Amsterdam. You’ll work in an international environment with a flat and open structure. The team you will join is eager to learn and supportive of each other. Drinks on expiry Friday nights and lunch shared with your colleagues are all part of the experience.
Additionally, we offer
- A good salary and the possibility to earn a bonus
- A lot of interesting projects to work on
- A lot of freedom in executing your role
If you are interested please upload your resume and motivation letter via the link below.
If you need further information, you can contact us at email@example.com.