Want to work in a challenging environment, which is constantly changing? Join DEGIRO and be a part of a team that is changing the landscape of online trading!
In 2013, DEGIRO launched its online brokerage services in The Netherlands. Since then, DEGIRO has expanded across 18 European countries enabling retail investors to benefit from a highly competitive commission structure. As a result, DEGIRO has quickly become one of the largest brokers in Europe.
We provide an award-winning online platform for all types of investors and offer our customers the opportunity to invest globally at unprecedented low rates.
Our success is our strong community of top professionals: we have grown from 40 energetic early birds to over 340 highly devoted specialists in just a few years! We proudly occupy landmark buildings in Amsterdam and Sofia.
We re currently looking for a Database Administrator who will be responsible for a distributed setup of MySQL instances. We seek for a proactive, independent and responsible candidate, taking ownership of our DBA infrastructure. You will be driving new technologies, making changes, deciding what is best suited to satisfy business demands. This position means tight collaboration with many departments inside the company.
- Supporting stability and performance of production databases. Including replications, audit and hot backup tasks.
- Resolving technical issues related to database functionality. Optimizing database operations together with Sysadmin and Dev department.
- Providing expert support in database design and architecture.
- Query tuning, writing stored procedures etc. for new and current services and applications.
- Automation of daily routines. Automation of new databases deployments and DR procedures.
- Writing technical documentation and sharing knowledge within the IT department.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with operating MySQL databases under Linux.
- Broad experience with SQL, query tuning, stored procedures writing.
- Experience with data replication and performance tuning.
- Interest in making systems more reliable and stable.
- Sufficient knowledge of any scripting language to make life easier (bash/python/perl etc).
- Proactive thinking. Good communication skills.
- We value motivation and a positive attitude
What we offer
- An awesome role within a fast growing International company in Amsterdam (Rembrandt tower) with flat organizational structure;
- Competitive salary with yearly performance-based bonus & pension arrangements;
- Huge potential to impact across our business, people, partners and of course users globally;
- Ownership – the freedom and space to be trusted to do what you do best and to get things done – quickly;
- Opportunity to expand yourself professionally and individually;
- An excellent career move – complexity, challenge and real variety collaborating with smart, passionate and creative people;
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting company that is revolutionizing the investing landscape;
- Full time position (remote work is not possible);
- Challenging tasks that require creative solutions;
- Working with the cutting-edge technologies;
- Free Dutch lessons;
- Relevant education;
- Relocation package.
If you are interested please upload your resume and motivation letter via the link below.
If you need further information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.