Want to work in a challenging environment, which is constantly changing? Join DEGIRO and be a part of a team that is changing the landscape of online trading!
In 2013, DEGIRO launched its online brokerage services in The Netherlands. Since then, DEGIRO has expanded across 18 European countries enabling retail investors to benefit from a highly competitive commission structure. As a result, DEGIRO has quickly become one of the largest brokers in Europe.
We provide an award-winning online platform for all types of investors and offer our customers the opportunity to invest globally at unprecedented low rates.
Our success is our strong community of top professionals: we have grown from 40 energetic early birds to over 340 highly devoted specialists in just a few years! We proudly occupy landmark buildings in Amsterdam and Sofia.
Developing our software in house based on open standards from the start has resulted in very creative, innovative and efficient solutions for our company processes and allows us to quickly adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
We are currently looking for a Medior Java Back-End Developer who has good technical knowledge of design patterns, design frameworks combined with a sharp business acumen and experience in complex IT projects and good people skills. Prior experience in the field of financial/insurance or FinTech experience is an advantage. Business teams and stakeholders are present both at the Amsterdam and Sofia offices. Incidental travel to the Amsterdam office will be required (typically 2-3 times per year) with an initial 1-2 month onboarding period in Amsterdam.
- Make technological decisions together with the development team;
- Ensure code is always best-in-class;
- Promote simplicity, design pattern and framework standardization within the organization;
- Improve existing architectural structures and assist design teams create new features from concept to production;
- Collaborate with product owners, business departments and other stakeholders;
- Constantly work to improve quality of codebase and flexibility of the development ecosystem.
- 3-6 years of hands-on Java development experience;
- Degree in Computer Science, IT or a related field or equivalent professional experience;
- Full SDLC exposure and prior experience of agile and DevOps delivery methods;
- Good documentation and commentary skills;
- Familiar with pro’s and con’s of different industry frameworks, design patterns and code beautifiers;
- Familiarity with most common development and DevOps tooling as well as test driven development for optimal automated regression testing;
- OCM, OCAJP, OCPJP or similar experience/certification a big plus;
- Previous familiarity with Kafka, Zookeeper, Git, Jenkins, Spring, Hibernate or similar;
- Existing Bulgarian work permit/EU national;
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite, fluency in Bulgarian an advantage.
- Excellent people and soft skills as well as verbal and written communication skills that can adapt to various audiences including executives and customers;
- Willingness to work in an open, non-hierarchical dynamic environment;
- Proven success working in multi-cultural teams cross-functionally and bringing together diverse team members and perspectives to find solutions.
What we offer
- Attractive remuneration package;
- Possibility to earn a performance-based bonus;
- Additional education opportunities;
- Friendly non-hierarchical dynamic working environment;
- We offer you a challenging job within a fast forward moving company and the opportunity to work with the best in the industry;
- Career development opportunity in a fast-growing FinTech company;
- A Premium additional Healthcare package;
- MultiSport card for access to many different sport facilities;
- 25 paid leave days;
- An excellent office location; iconic and modern work environment ( Millennium Center in downtown Sofia);
- Fresh fruit in the office every day;
If you are interested please upload your resume and motivation letter via the link below.
If you need further information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.