In 2013, DEGIRO launched its online brokerage services in The Netherlands. Since then, DEGIRO has expanded across 18 European countries enabling retail investors to benefit from a highly competitive commission structure. As a result, DEGIRO has quickly become one of the largest brokers in Europe. We provide an award-winning online platform for all types of investors and offer our customers the opportunity to invest globally at unprecedented low rates. Our success is our strong community of top professionals: we have grown from 40 energetic early birds to over 340 highly devoted specialists in just a few years! We proudly occupy landmark buildings in Amsterdam and Sofia.
We are currently looking for an innovative Senior Java Developer to help strengthen and mentor our team of young and ambitious IT professionals at our DEGIRO office in Sofia. DEGIRO is a Dutch FinTech headquartered in Amsterdam with a large establishment in Sofia. Our IT Team consists of around 70 people, which we are now looking at doubling in size across Amsterdam and Sofia within the next 12 months. This is why we are looking for strong senior developers and tech leaders to help take the team, architecture and platform maturity to the next level.
The Senior Java Developer is a seasoned professional with deep technical knowledge of design patterns, design frameworks combined with a extensive experience in applying software development best practices. Prior experience in the field of financial/insurance or FinTech experience is not necessary. As a member of the local senior experts’ team he/she will be responsible for ensuring the technical decisions made warrant the platform is future-proof, modular, reusable and maintainable.
- Make software design and implementation decisions together with the development team;
- Ensure the code produced by the team is always best-in-class;
- Provide high-level technical advice and guidance to the team;
- Promote simplicity, best practices and framework standardization within the organization;
- Improve existing architecture;
- Help design teams create new features from concept to production;
- Collaborate with product owners, business departments and other stakeholders;
- Constantly help improve quality of codebase, agility of the development ecosystem;
- Help decide on good tooling both for development work and production support.
- 6+ years of hands-on Java development experience ;
- Any relevant experience in a tech lead role is a plus;
- Degree in Computer Science, IT or a related field;
- Full SDLC exposure and prior experience with Agile and DevOps delivery methods;
- Good documentation and commentary skills so that he/she can draw, explain and contribute in workshops and help others understand what is expected;
- Familiar with pros and cons of different industry frameworks, design patterns and code beautifiers;
- Familiarity with most common development and DevOps tooling as well as test automation approaches providing for optimal automated regression testing;
- Previous familiarity with Kafka, Zookeeper, Git, Jenkins, Spring, Hibernate or similar is considered as an advantage;
- Existing Bulgarian work permit/EU national;
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite, fluency in Bulgarian is an advantage;
- As business teams are present both in Amsterdam and in Sofia, occasional travel to Amsterdam may be required (typically 2–3 times per year)
- Innovative, collaborative persona with a continuous improvement mind-set to help inspire others;
- Good verbal and written communication skills that can adapt to various audiences;
- Willingness to work in an open, non-hierarchical dynamic environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-cultural cross-functional teams and bringing together diverse team members and perspectives to find solutions.
What we offer
- Attractive remuneration package;
- Possibility to earn a performance-based bonus;
- Additional education opportunities;
- Friendly non-hierarchical dynamic working environment;
- We offer you a challenging job within a fast forward moving company and the opportunity to work with the best in the industry;
- Career development opportunity in a fast-growing FinTech company;
- A Premium additional Healthcare package;
- MultiSport card for access to many different sport facilities;
- 25 paid leave days;
- An excellent office location; iconic and modern work environment ( Millennium Center in downtown Sofia);
- Fresh fruit in the office every day
If you are interested please upload your resume and motivation letter via the button below. If you need further information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.