In 2013, DEGIRO launched its online brokerage services in The Netherlands. Since then, DEGIRO has expanded across 18 European countries enabling retail investors to benefit from a highly competitive commission structure. As a result, DEGIRO has quickly become one of the largest brokers in Europe. We provide an award-winning online platform for all types of investors and offer our customers the opportunity to invest globally at unprecedented low rates. Our success is our strong community of top professionals: we have grown from 40 energetic early birds to over 340 highly devoted specialists in just a few years! We proudly occupy landmark buildings in Amsterdam and Sofia.
We are looking for an IT Data Analyst to join our team in Sofia. The Functional Engineering and Analytics department supports the trading, risk, operations and service desk departments in a fast-changing, dynamic environment. It works closely with the developers and operations teams, overseeing in-house trading software and supporting applications and responsible for integrity of the data in the database.
- Monitor and troubleshoot our in-house trading software and web applications;
- Analyze and escalate exchange-related issues;
- Be first line response for issues/inquires/information requests, related to trading system and database, raised by stakeholders;
- Work closely with Risk, Operations and Trading Department to coordinate changes and manage incidents to minimize the impact on clients;
- Develop and provide specifications for trading product configuration/insertion, and troubleshoot and optimize existing applications/scripts;
- Design, build and deploy business intelligence data visualization solutions;
- Ad-hoc sql reporting, data analysis;
- Collaborate with developers to design new and improve existing applications;
- Have availability to be on-call during the night when a problem needs to be fixed when necessary;
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Economics, Data Analytics degree or equivalent experience;
- 1–3 years of experience;
- Experience and knowledge with Linux operating system;
- Good command of MYSQL and Bash scripting;
- Experience in python and understanding of networking concepts;
- Experience and knowledge of business intelligence visualization tools is a plus;
- Understanding of financial markets and financial products is a plus but not a prerequisite;
- Proficiency in English;
- A strong attention to detail and systematic approach to problem solving;
- Good communications and multitasking abilities and ability to work under pressure;
- A deep sense of ownership and urgency;
- Flexibility to work a rotating shift schedule as needs dictate;
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Possibility to earn a performance-based bonus;
- Additional education opportunities;
- Healthcare package;
- MultiSport card for access to many different sport facilities;
- 25 paid leave days;
- Fresh fruit in the office every day;
- A modern work environment (Millennium Center).
If you are interested please upload your resume and motivation letter via the button below. If you need further information, you can contact us at email@example.com.