After finishing his studies of mathematics, physics and computer science Martin Korbmacher started his career 1991 at JP Morgan where he served as Head of Trading before joining Dresdner Kleinwort in 1997 as Global Head of Fixed Income Trading, where he took responsibility as Global Head of Equites in 2000.
In 2005 Martin took over as Head of the Investment Banking Division at Credit Suisse for Germany and Austria and played a key role in the successful growth of the business activities.
In 2011, he founded Event Horizon Capital & Advisory and has been advising multiple companies in the area of corporate finance and innovation. Since 2014 Martin Korbmacher is the chairman of the supervisory board of flatexDEGIRO AG and since 2017 also of flatexDEGIRO Bank AG.
For the first time appointed to:
October 30, 2014
Elected until: 2025
Name: Dipl. Math. Martin Korbmacher
First Appointment: 2014
- Managing Director Event Horizon Capital & Advisory GmbH (since 2011)
- Managing Director arsago ACM GmbH (since 2014)
- 2005–2011 Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) Limited, Frankfurt/Main, Branch Manager / Head of Investment Banking Division Germany and Austria / Managing Director
- 1997–2004 Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein, Frankfurt/Main, London, Member of the Executive Committee, Head of Global Equities, Global Head of Fixed Income Trading
- 1991–1996 JP Morgan, Frankfurt/Main, Head of Fixed Income Trading
- 1984–1991 Mathmatics, Physics and Computer Science Studies, Bielefeld (Diplom Mathematiker)
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board flatexDEGIRO AG (listed company)
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board flatexDEGIRO Bank AG (non-listed company)
Other Supervisory Board Mandates:
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board innoplexus AG, Eschborn, resignation 8 March 2021 (non-listed company)
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board SGT German Private Equity GmbH & Co. KGaA, Frankfurt am Main, since 2013 (listed company)
- Member of the Supervisory Board PTV Planung Transport Verkehr AG, Karlsruhe, since 2020 (non-listed company)
- Chairman of the Board of Directors Starmind AG, Küsnacht, Switzerland, until rotational cessation on 10 August 2020 (non-listed company)